Take a look through even just a handful of his photographs, and it immediately becomes apparent that Forrest has developed a distinctly personal style. While our previous workshops have all focused on the essential skills needed to capture a moment, this one sets out to show you how to actually create one.
In this deep dive into the way Forrest views the world, you’ll learn his strategies and high-level vision that will help you elevate your work to the next level.
From forming a creative concept from scratch, to finding shoot locations near your home, to confidently directing subjects — you’ll learn how to take the vision you have in your head and put it into your photography.
This is where developing your own unique style as an artist begins.
- Creating concepts that are true to you
- Planning locations around where you live
- Finding people to photograph
- Directing models
- Understand films vs digital
- Forrest’s go-to digital & analog setup
- Bringing the characteristics of film into your digital workflow
- Shooting with cheap gear ($500 challenge)
- Showing the real you
- Taking the Jump with Forrest Mankins
- Lightroom Presets
- 1. Workshop Intro
- 2. Tea with Mankins
- 3. Failure
- 4. Burnout
- 5. Creating Concepts
- 6. Planning
- 7. Finding People to Shoot With
- 8. Working with Talent
- 9. Building A Team
- 10. Shooting With A Team
- 11. Film vs. Digital
- 12. Editing - Referencing Film
- 13. Editing - Finishing A Concept
- 14. Presets
- 15. $500 Challenge - Lake Five
- 16. Learning Taste
- 17. $500 Challenge - Land Cruiser
- 18. Q&A